The City of Prague announces preliminary market consultation for the future place branding strategy of Prague. The Czech capital invites place branding experts and researchers to participate in the consultations, for the forthcoming public tender. If you are interested in participating, please fill out the following form by the 5th of April, 2023.
Until now, Prague's branding strategy has (very successfully) focused on communicating the city as a tourist destination. However, in order to maintain competitiveness in an increasingly intense race for talent and investment, Prague must strengthen its reputation abroad and actively communicate its position as a city suitable for living, working, studying and doing business.
The goal of the project is to present the uniqueness of Prague and define which of its characteristics create an emotional bond with the city. Since cooperation between individual city stakeholders is absolutely essential for the success of the project, the future branding strategy must take into account the general direction of Prague and the way it is perceived by Prague citizens, expats, tourists, institutions, entrepreneurs or investors.
The Future Public Tender should incorporate the following:
• qualitative research on the perception of Prague from the point of view of expats (mainly foreign students and workers with regard to their motivation when choosing Prague as their destination for life), Prague residents (with regard to their perception of life in the city and its future development) and key foreign markets (with regard to their perception of Prague);
• stakeholder management – organization of workshops and other activities for important stakeholders within the city;
• creation of a strategic vision and a strong identity for Prague in the areas of work, study and invest;
• implementation proposal and its evaluation.
The purpose of this consultation is to collect and verify information necessary for defining a public tender, especially when it comes to:
• conducting relevant quantitative and qualitative research;
• determining the price for the services provided;
• possible methods of tackling the implementation of the project;
• defining qualification requirements for suppliers;
• stakeholder management - approach, schedule, etc.
The invitation to participate in the consultation is aimed primarily at entities operating in the field of city branding, nation branding, place branding and/or destination marketing.
The consultations will take place online, in English and with each participant separately. Questions to be discussed during the consultation will be provided to the participants at least two days before the meeting. The estimated duration of the consultation is 1-2 hours, depending on the complexity of the feedback.
If you are interested in participating in the preliminary market consultations, please fill in the following questionnare by April 5, 2023 (EOD).
In case of any questions, please get in touch by e-mail: email@example.com.
In a recent report by Re-thinking the Future, Prague has been recognized as the 10th most sustainable city in Europe, cementing its commi...